Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The Interview

I'm starting this post in class and since I don't have a computer or my SD Card, I'm going to fill out my interview questions paper that I created. I had interviewed the band over the weekend and was able to get a large amount of good information that I can use for their website. My main priorities right now are creating/finishing the band's website and starting to edit the footage that I got. Maybe this weekend or next week I will begin to work on the digipak, but that all depends on how soon I can figure out how to properly use Photoshop or find a website that can assist in creating a full CD.

The Funky Blues Band Interview (With Heidi Rosenbaun and Peter "Fingers" Feld):

Q: Can you introduce yourselves and your role within the band?
A: I'm Heidi Rosenbaun. I'm the band leader, I book the band, I do all the booking and communicating with our fans and sending out email lists and putting on our Facebook page and, basically, all the promoting for the band. Jack Levy is the lead guitarist and also sings lead vocals. He sets up our equipment; he's our sound guy. Dave Youngblood is our lead singer who makes us sound so good and he's responsible for writing our songs, making originals, and arranges the songs. 
Peter "Fingers" Feld, I play the keyboards. I play the piano and I sing unbelievably well and I'm just getting to learn my talent, for years it was dormant and now I'm able to sing and I think I'm the best in the band.

Q: How long have you known each other? How did you meet?
A: Peter Feld and I have known each other for about eighteen years, we've been playing together for that long, and Jack Levy and Dave Youngblood, we met about a year and a half ago.

Q: When did you form your band? 
A: About a year and a half ago, October.

Q: What’s your band’s name? Is there a specific reason that you chose that name?
A: I've had that name for eighteen years because I love funk and I love blues. 

Q: What genre of music do you consider your work to be? Who are your major influences?
A: A mixture of blues and funk. Our major influences are Stevie Ray Vaughn, Robert Cray, James Brown and the Motown funky people. 

Q: What are your songs about?
A: A lot of the songs are originals that Dave has written about his life experiences and we do a lot of covers. Fun blues covers that we think are entertaining for people to listen to.

Q: What image do you think your music conveys?
A: I think our music conveys fun and that people like us because we're an entertaining band and because we don't just play, but also interact with our audience and try to get them involved. There's a lot of chemistry between the musicians. Jack and Dave and Pete all work well together and I think people feed off of that.

Q: What kind of audience are you hoping to reach through your music?
A: Our target audience are mostly 35 and up because those people seem more familiar with the blues. 

Q: Are there any bands that inspire you?
A: A large amount of our friends are in bands down here and they're all really talented so we go out and support them and learn from them. You can hear different styles and there's so much good music that we get to feed off a lot.

Q: Have you performed at any venues? Which ones?
A: This is Joe Baby (Originally Rosey Baby) which we play at pretty regularly. We perform at Blue Jean Blues, which is a premiere blues club in Fort Lauderdale. We used to do a lot of private parties and are available for private parties. We also play at Dania Beach Bar and Grill which is one of our favorite places to play at since it's on the beach. Any place that will hire us.

Q: What are your goals for your music?
A: We're a professional band that is just trying to have fun and give our audience the opportunity to be engaged and have a good time. We get paid to do what we love. We take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment