Sunday, March 26, 2017

Filming the Band

Image result for normal picture and monochrome picture
Example of a Monochrome styled picture

This whole weekend was spent preparing to film and filming the band at one of their gigs. I was so excited. I stayed out until around twelve in the morning filming and interviewing them at the Rosey Baby in Plantation. The Rosey Baby is a bar and restaurant with an awesome platform type area for a stage and restaurant and then the bar separate from that. Apparently the owners are switching and the bar's name is changing so disregard if you go to see the bar at some point in the future because it won't be called Rosey Baby anymore, but I think instead it'll be Joey Baby or something. Anyway, I got a ton of good footage with my sister's camera and while I was filming I made a really cool discovery. Her camera can change the style(?) of the picture or video, like from normal to sepia or something. I thought it'd be an awesome idea to film most of the music video with the camera set to monochrome because it made everything look black and white and very old-fashioned, like in a real blues band type of atmosphere. I thought it really tied the whole production together (although I did use regular style a few times to show the contrast). Over the next few days, I'm going to be looking through the footage I got, along with the interview, and seeing if I need any more footage as I start to edit. I'm also going to be working on my website now that I have more information about the band and artists themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment