Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Website

Yesterday, I had decided that it was time for me to create the website for the band. Now, I know that I don't currently know all that much about the band and its  members, but I am planning my interview with them for this Friday when I film them performing for the music video. The interview will be used mainly as the "About Us" page that most websites have as a way to introduce the company, or in this case band, that the website will be marketing.

As part of the process of choosing the website and creating it, I had to choose between either Wix.com or Weebly.com to use for the domain for the website. I eventually decided on Wix.com because I had used it previously last year for my blogs and it was fairly easy to design and create so I decided to go with what I know which is probably best because even though it's good to experiment with certainn things, it's also good to stick with what you know and improve upon it to make the best possible work that you can.

Yesterday, due to trying to start the website in class, I ran into a certain technical issue that had to do with the technology that I was working on. I really don't enjoy working on IPads because they make me feel cramped and claustraphobic, but it was more so because I was trying to find a good layout for my website that I ended up deciding that I should just do it today on my laptop where I'm most comfortable and can actually see the layout and how it looks.

I found it kind of amusing that I actually had to research some of the things that I was looking through when it came to choosing the layout that I wanted to use. For example, I had no idea what an EPK was until I Googled it and found out that it stands for Electronic Press Kit and is basically a music resume for a band in order to market themselves and their music to their audiences. The layout that I ended up choosing was the EPK Musicians Template because it was clean cut, but edgy, and looked nice and concise compared to some of the others I saw, although it's all based on personal preference. Now I'm ready to begin creating The Funky Blues Band revamped website!

No comments:

Post a Comment