Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Band and the Genre

As of right now, I'm still a bit behind on finding a band/musician to work with, but I believe that I will most likely be working with the Melodaisies (consisting of Jackie Glassman and Amanda Ribnick) who have already created an Instagram page. However, as of right now they only do covers but I am convincing them to try and write an original song by next Thursday. The work that I have done today is mainly in preparation for if they do decide to work with me. I am not planning on changing the band's name, since it's their name and they came up with it for a reason, but I will be trying to push them towards a more acapella singing style so that it will better fit their name. I decided to research some cool acapella bands on Youtube and I found the Pentatonix which is a group consisting of five people that use only their voices to sing covers and create music videos. As I watched several of their videos, I believed that both Amanda's and Jackie's voices would be enough to do a simple acapella video. Especially since their voices are so beautiful and can hit several different ranges and they are able to manipulate their voices easily. I'm a bit on the fence though because I know that Amanda knows how to play the piano very well and I kind of wanted to incorporate that in the music video (because it would create some good shots) but I can't have an accompaniment if they're going to be doing acapella.

If the Melodaisies doesn't work out, which I'm having extreme doubts that it will actually work out sadly, I am prepared to ask my mom's friend Peter and his band if they would be willing to work with me on this. They are a real band that actually plays in clubs around South Florida so I know that they would be a good choice to work with. However, I'm not sure if they do covers or only original songs. I'm planning to ask them later today and find because I really need to start storyboarding or creating the website or creating the digipak.

I know that I'm incredibly far behind in the process of getting everything ready for smooth sailing and I have a very bad feeling that this will definitely be stormy weather up ahead for the duration of this project. I just hope I get some good fortune out of this and that one of the pieces that I have to do (hopefully the website) will not take too long so that I can put all my other focus onto creating the music video and the digipak.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRP8d7hhpoQ



No comments:

Post a Comment