Thursday, March 16, 2017

Delays and Waiting and Research

I just got a call from Jackie Glassman of the Melodaisies and she told me that there is not enough tiime for them to write an original song by next Thursday because both her and Amanda are going to be incredibly busy this whole since their on a field trip of some sort. After I heard this, I decided to problem solve and quickly called Peter Feld (my mom's friend) but I was unable to get ahold of him so I simply left a message explaining to him what my project was about, the due date, and what I would need from him and his band. I also gave him the deadline of either March 17th or March 18th to get back to me on this before I decide to simply use a song from a preexisting artist, but then make it into my own with a fake band. I really, really hope he gets back to me though because I would love to work with them and it would make my life a tiny bit easier if I already had an up-and-coming band ready and willing to work with me.

In the mean time, since I'm not really one to wait and do nothing, I decided to occupy my time by watching music videos and studying techniques that are most commonly used. I also searched up and created research questions that I thought would be good and general enough to ask Peter's band or any other band. I mainly created them myself, but I had some help from some websites on the Dos and Donts of interviewing bands and musicians, which was really helpful for someone who has only watched Youtube video interviews that consisted of funny questions rather then serious "get to know your band and your style" questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment